Whether you’re like REI and opting out of Black Friday sales, or a big retail chain like Wal-Mart and already have your holiday ads underway, there’s no doubt the busiest shopping season of the year is about to begin.
Marketing opportunities are pretty clear for retailers selling consumer goods – but what if your company sells services? Here are three ways your service business can boost sales this holiday season:
1. Offer Seasonal Promotions
Approach your promotional offers with a timely angle. If you’re a spa owner, promote massages to those who’ve been shopping for long hours and carrying heavy bags. Or, if you’re a dentist, promote check-ups or cleanings, knowing the holidays generally involve eating a lot of candy and sweets. Whatever your service, find an angle that will resonate with your audience during the busy holiday season.
2. Show Appreciation to your Customers
A simple “Thank You” can go a long way, especially during a time that can be very busy and stressful for your customers. Here are a few ways you can show your customers how much you appreciate them:
- E blasts- Send out a personalized email message—or a simple social media post—to your customers to wish them joy and happiness during the holiday season, and express your gratitude for their continuing business with you.
- Special Gifts- If you have a personal relationship with your customers, get them a special gift that reflects your appreciation. If they happen to be a frequent customer, consider offering them a free or discounted service during the holidays.
- Hand-Written Holiday Card- Take the time to handwrite a card to customers who really made a difference in your business throughout the year. This kind gesture communicates to your customers just how important they are to you.
3. Give Back to the Community
‘Tis the season for giving! Grow your business and goodwill in the community by hosting a food or toy drive right in your own office. People generally like doing business with people who are community minded, and this will bring prospective customers in your doors. Advertise your event through social media and email marketing to get the word out. Now is the perfect time to start.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and it can be so for your business, as well. If you need help boosting sales during the holiday season – or any time of the year – contact us today.