True Blue Communications is seeking an ambitious Account Executive to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The right candidate will have exceptional knowledge of public relations and integrated marketing communications, a proven record of media relations results, strong interviewing skills and superior copywriting abilities.
- Conducting strategic media research to identify the news outlets and reporters that align with our clients’ goals
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with journalists
- Pitching story ideas
- Writing press releases, story pitches, guest columns and other media materials
- Targeted news media outreach
- Preparing clients for media interviews
- Attending in-person and phone interviews with clients and journalists
- Monitoring and reporting news coverage to clients
- Maintaining an understanding of how the news outlets we target work and an overall awareness of the changing media landscape
- Developing content that clearly, concisely and consistently communicates key messages to the appropriate target audience(s)
- Excellent interviewing and information gathering skills, to develop interesting and compelling stories
- Ability to write in a variety of styles and tones most appropriate for the format, which could include but is not limited to:
- News media items (press releases, guest columns, pitches)
- Email marketing
- Presentations/speeches/video scripts
- Annual reports
Account Management and Client Communication:
- Managing timelines for multiple projects for multiple clients, delivering excellent quality services on time and within budget
- Coordinating with other account team members to ensure projects are on schedule and communication is seamless
- Addressing client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicating with clients on a regular basis
- Organizing/leading client meetings and conference calls, gathering needed information, and ensuring necessary follow-ups and follow-throughs
- Gaining necessary approvals on projects, ideas and materials
- Tracking activities and results
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-starting, strategic thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Superior organizational skills, keen attention to detail
- Ability to graciously handle pressure and multiple deadlines
- Persistence in follow-up, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent client relations skills, positive can-do attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Powerful writer, detail-oriented editor; command of AP Style
- Experience in successfully working with media, shown through existing media relationships, along with ability to develop new relationships with journalists
- Keen interest in the news industry
- Proactive in offering solutions to communications challenges and opportunities
- Eager to learn and continuing to grow professionally
- At least 4 years of public relations experience
- Experience in an agency setting is highly preferred
- Proven experience and results in media relations
- Professional writing experience and command of AP style
- Experience with media monitoring tools and media databases
- Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations highly preferred
This is a full-time position based in Clearwater, with paid holidays, vacation and sick days. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates should email their cover letter, resume, three writing samples and three references to email@example.com.
True Blue Communications will contact those with whom we wish to schedule an interview.
About True Blue Communications:
True Blue Communications is a public relations based in Tampa Bay. We focus on three core areas of service: news media relations, content marketing and communications strategy. We have a varied client list but specialize in business-to-business communications. Our industry specialties include healthcare, commercial real estate, finance and nonprofit. For more information, visit www.truebluecommunications.com.