Did you know about 85 percent of Americans will review an organization’s website before taking any next steps – whether that is setting up an appointment, purchasing a product, or picking up the phone to make contact?
Knowing your website may be the first connection someone makes with your company, do you think your website is making the right impression?
- Does it have a purpose: If the website were a person, what exactly would its job be?
- Does it provide complete information?
- Is it easy to navigate and understand?
- Does it appeal to the eye?
- Does it align with the company’s brand, both visually and in writing?
- Does it tell a cohesive story with clean, compelling copy?
- Does it effectively capture leads?
- Does it have current content that is regularly updated?
- Does it maximize onsite SEO opportunities?
If the answer is “yes” to all or most of these questions, there is a good chance that a website is effectively doing its job. If not, it may be time for an update.
The bottom line is – your website is often the first connection that people make with your company. Make sure you have the website basics covered so it’s not the last.